Ruth Green is a printmaker based in Birmingham, UK. She produces exquisite, colourful silkscreen prints by hand. Her work is inspired by mid-century design and pattern and by the British countryside.
High quality paper is used to make prints in small, collectable editions. Ruth also accepts commissions for surface pattern, illustration and greetings cards. Recent clients include IKEA, TeNeues, Marks & Spencer and Woodmansterne.
In 2011, Tate Publishing produced Ruth's first illustrated book for children, 'Noisy Neighbours'. This was followed in 2015 by 'Stanley's Plan' and in 2017 by 'Hedghog Holidays'. Bespoke merchandise and gifts designed by Ruth are available in Tate Gallery shops around the UK.
Ruth's work has appeared in Elle Decoration and she exhibits regularly throughout the UK. All prints are available from www.ruthgreendesign.com.
- Retro To Go - January 2008
- Elle Decoration - February 2008
- Print & Pattern - October 2008
- Wee Birdy - December 2008
- You Magazine - February 2009
- Chocolate Creative - March 2009
- Elle Decoration, 'Homes+' supplement - May 2009
- Created in Birmingham - October 2009
- Heart Home - July 2012
- Bambino Goodies - October 2014
- Period Living - December 2016
Reviews for 'Noisy Neighbours':
- Print & Pattern - March 2011
- Indie Quarter - March 2011
- Bambino Goodies - March 2011
- Library Mice - April 2011
- Junior Magazine - June 2011
- London Review of Books
- Best iPad Apps For Kids 2014 in The Guardian - December 2014
Reviews for 'Stanley's Plan':